Regional Construction Project Manager
POSITIONS LOCATED IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
The primary purpose of this position is to manage all phases of due diligence, design, engineering, architecture, construction, scheduling, and accounting of construction projects within a specific geographical area. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Schedule projects within the timeframe required by the corporate office.
- Complete contracts for due diligence, architectural, engineering work, construction and major maintenance work.
- Complete project budgets, change orders, and turnkey cost additions as required.
- Manage architects, engineers, and general contractors to ensure the project is of good quality, is completed on time, and is completed within the budget.
- Interact with the Regional Director, Construction, to resolve issues regarding design, engineering, and construction.
- Support all operating stores within a geographical area with regard to technical issues and problems or project requests.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to the education and experience required.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on an occasional basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
The following qualities are helpful:
- Typing speed of fifty (50) WPM.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
- This position requires a valid driver’s license for business travel.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Engineering/Construction Management