Assistant Director, After-School Programs
The Assistant Program Director is responsible for providing day to day supervision of program and designated staff members. The Assistant Program Director works with other programs to ensure coordination, communication and the integration of program services. The Assistant Program Director assists with strategic oversight of monitoring budget, audits and all components of Program compliance.
- Assist in the Development of programs, including establishing and adapting programs as needed, and assure program goals are in alignment with agency mission and needs of clients.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in order to consistently evaluate program adaptation and/or expansion in correlation with existing needs.
- Maintain a constant presence throughout the program to ensure quality of service at all time.
- Resolves problems in service provision and conflicts among staff.
- Participates and documents training on a regular basis for all areas/staff when required.
- Provides supervision to staff assigned, identifying learning needs and addressing limitations.
- Evaluate staff performance, participate in staff hiring, and oversees disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate schedules of staff and recipients.
- Prepares and submits statistical reports as required.
- Identifies appropriate community contacts/agencies to establish a network for communication, referrals, and working relationships.
- Meet performance expectations/metrics, as defined for the position within the assigned program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Program/Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the agency policies and applicable laws.
- Solid comprehension of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) where applicable.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Public Administration or related field. 5 years’ experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organization and program development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan and carry out assignments independently.
- Ability to prioritize, adhere to timelines and multi-task.
- Flexible availability
- Full – Time
- Full – Time
- Monday, Tuesday, Thurs & Friday; 10:30 - 6:30 pm; OR 11:00 - 1:00 pm
- Wednesday between 11:45 - 7:45 pm
Job Behavioral Expectations:
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Safe and successful performance, including meeting productivity standards.
- Maintain an understanding of the principles, methods and processes needed to perform the job. Attends staff meetings, seminars and in-service training as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete work in an acceptable manner by the time and/or date established with accuracy, neatness and thoroughness and minimal amount of errors.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures including maintain strict confidentiality and adherence to all HIPAA guidelines at all times.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit for long period of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed in an office environment with normal heating and cooling.