Inside Sales Engineer/ Estimating
This position is primarily responsible for supporting outside sales. The associate sales engineer will work as part of a team and provide assistance to outside sales by staying in contact with our customers and vendors to maximize sales exposure of the company.
The associate sales engineer supports every aspect of the sales cycle including: marketing, product selection, technical assistance, estimating, proposal generation, closing orders, order write-up, material ordering and expediting, product submittals, delivery tracking and start up coordination. Successful associate sales engineers follow a career path to outside sales engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Manages bid requests from contractors and effectively coordinates with other sales teams to ensure timely, accurate and complete bids distributed to all interested prospects.
- Communicates with outside sales to manage priorities of the sales team.
- Evaluates projects and prepares timely and accurate estimates
- Provides proposals that are technically and commercially accurate.
- Directs proposals to customers, answer questions, and solicit feedback.
- Closes new business or assists outside sales to close to new business
- Handles or assists with all required administrative, commercial and technical aspects of new business
- Manages all aspects of new business with inter office business management computer system
- Continually expands product knowledge and expertise.
- Maintains pricing information for manufacturers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
From entry level up to 3-4 years’ experience
- 2 or 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field
- Well organized, task oriented, diligently manage multiple priorities and able to manage deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical information
- Highly motivated to succeed
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills as well as the ability to visualize spatial relationships for equipment represented in two dimensions
- HVAC equipment sales is an integral part of the building construction industry. An ability to understand how things work as well as an interest in this traditional aspect of mechanical engineering is a key success factor for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off