About THRIVE Community School
THRIVE Community School opened in the fall of 2022 as an intentionally diverse public charter school, the first of its kind in Santa Fe. Over the next four years, THRIVE will grow to educate 633 students in grades K-8, and we want to build a team that will continue to be an active part of bringing our vision for students to life.
We are an affirming learning community who ensures that every child who walks through our doors is seen and heard so that they can receive the education they deserve to pursue paths of their choice. We combine evidenced-based instruction with innovation to drive achievement and eliminate disparities in student outcomes. We also embrace social and emotional learning practices and support our students to develop a positive self-concept. We strive to be anti-racist and anti-biased in all that we do, and we commit to constant learning and family partnership in service of this pursuit.
Everything we do as a team and for students is grounded in THRIVE’s core values:
Show Love - We recognize the beauty and brilliance in each of us, and we hold each other responsible for being the best versions of ourselves.
Work as a Team - We rely on each other to achieve our shared goals, and we value voices and perspectives that are often ignored.
Create Joy - We find joy in laughing and smiling and being a part of a school community, and believe that fuels us for the challenges we will face.
Be Brave - We take risks, do things that make us uncomfortable, and we make mistakes sometimes, but we are committing to learning and adjusting to help us grow.
About this position
The job of THRIVE Community School Office Coordinator includes providing support to the THRIVE community and especially to THRIVE’s Leadership Team. The Office Coordinator is trusted with many critical responsibilities, including communicating information to students, parents, staff, and/or other districts or schools; ensuring compliance with financial, legal and administrative requirements; and coordinating a broad array of services provided to students, parents, and employees.
Our Office Coordinator will
- Live out our core values and mission daily, holding high expectations for self and teammates.
- Commit to eliminating disparities in outcomes along lines of race and class, and regularly examining their own power, privilege, bias and influence.
- Learn alongside our team as we grow our school and adapt to its evolving needs.
- Solve problems and find solutions to obstacles.
- Balance their time such that they can manage competing priorities within our school walls, as well as live a fulfilled life outside of work.
- Work effectively in a team environment, collaborating and communicating authentically with students, families, colleagues, and the community to ensure the safety and success of all students.
- Manage the operation of the THRIVE school office, including responding to phone, email, mailed, and in-person inquiries, involving other teammates as necessary. May need to administer first aid.
- Support the scheduling of critical meetings and appointments.
- Support the school nutrition program and complete the food handler course (after being hired).
- Compile and maintain various data sets and records and create reports as needed.
- Create and/or finalize various types of correspondence, including meeting minutes.
- Help distribute materials to the school community, such as staff bulletin and school newsletter.
- Coordinate parent volunteers and substitute personnel, including assignment of tasks and some training.
- Support school structures and procedures, such as payroll, emergency preparation, daily attendance, transportation, arrival and dismissal, breakfast and lunch programs, and family communication.
- Maintain accounting ledgers for general building budget; collects monies for various student activities; prepares and maintains bank deposits.
- Prepare requisitions and receive, account for, and distribute school supplies, textbooks and materials. Take periodic inventory.
- Play a critical role in the safety of the school, including monitoring building keys and being prepared for emergencies.
- Coordinate various school programs and activities, such as voter registration and school pictures.
- Engage in professional growth (PD) and development, including individualized coaching and feedback, large-group sessions, and self-reflection, implementing lessons learned.
Qualification and Requirements:
Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to receive an offer from our team.
- Criminal background clearance
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Can read, write, and communicate in English and Spanish
We have seen that candidates with one or more of the additional qualifications below are uniquely positioned to support our students to succeed:
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Valid health/first aid card
- Prior office experience including records maintenance, bookkeeping and maintaining accounting ledgers, operating a computer and school-specific software, and engaging with children and members of the community.
- Ability to accurately draft and proofread documents for correct grammar, spelling, and language use, as well as the ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with students, parents, staff, and the general public, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to evolving needs and to make decisions and/or execute them quickly.
Salary Range: Salaries for the 2023-24 school year will be finalized when the New Mexico state legislature releases its statewide budget this spring. For planning purposes, the range for this position is likely to be somewhere between $27,500 - $38,400.
Benefits: THRIVE Community School offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Educational Retirement Board contributions
- Opportunity to contribute to a 403(b)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Fall, Winter, and Spring holidays
- 100+ hours of dedicated, tailored professional development over the summer and ongoing throughout the school year
To submit an application, please complete our online application here.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates who are selected to move forward will engage in a multi-step interview process; more details can be found on our website here. Please know that every stage and question in our process is included for a reason; we will be clear about why we are asking for specific information, especially if it is going to take some of your time.
In addition, we are deeply committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive team, representing a variety of backgrounds and cultures. We actively seek out identities, experiences, and perspectives not currently represented on our team and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other identity marker. We strongly encourage all interested individuals to apply.