Solar Ambassador Fellow
RE-volv’s Solar Ambassador Fellowship
Are you a college student passionate about renewable energy and looking to make an impact in your community? Become a RE-volv Solar Ambassador and help bring clean, renewable solar energy to a local nonprofit near your university!
The RE-volv Solar Ambassador Fellowship is a fellowship for one academic year that gives college students the opportunity to spearhead a solar project in their community using RE-volv’s innovative solar financing model. Solar Ambassadors also lead a grassroots educational campaign to spread solar and renewable energy education on campus and in their community.
We’re looking for creative, passionate, and resourceful college students who are passionate about sustainability and clean energy and eager to spread solar in their community! Ready to take action on climate change? Complete the interest form on our website to start the process of becoming a Solar Ambassador Fellow and receive the tools, training, and support to bring solar to a local nonprofit.
RE-volv is a nonprofit whose mission is to tackle climate change at the local level by empowering people to accelerate the adoption of clean energy in their communities. At RE-volv, we work to provide access to solar energy to nonprofits across the country that serve disadvantaged communities that otherwise could not go solar while training the next generation of solar energy leaders in the process through our Solar Ambassador Program. Since its founding in 2011, RE-volv has provided solar financing for 50+ nonprofits in low-to-moderate-income communities, BIPOC communities, and parts of the country where solar is less common or less economical. Through community engagement, we help to inspire and build momentum for stronger clean energy policy and solar adoption.
Your Impact as a Solar Ambassador
As a Solar Ambassador, you’ll work with a team of students at your university to help bring solar to a community-serving nonprofit near your university. You and your Solar Ambassador Team will partner with a community-serving nonprofit to help them go solar and educate your campus and local community about the benefits of going solar. You and your Solar Ambassador Team will lead the project from start to finish, gaining valuable project management skills, leadership skills, and experience in the solar industry.
Training and Educational Opportunities
As a part of the Solar Ambassador Program, RE-volv will provide ongoing training through webinars, workshops, and monthly check-in meetings on the following topics:
- Solar industry basics
- Outreach to nonprofits
- Solar financing
- Community engagement
- Event planning
- Project management
- Grassroots organizing
Below are the requirements to be eligible for the Solar Ambassador Program:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at an accredited United States college or university during the 2023 - 2024 academic year
- Understanding of climate change, renewable energy, and the environment
- Demonstrated interest in clean energy activism and campus organizing
- Ability to self-manage, work as a team, delegate roles, and assign tasks to accomplish goals
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Desire to make a positive impact on your community and be involved in local climate activism
Solar Ambassador Program Benefits
In addition to being part of a vibrant network of university clean energy leaders across The United States, each Solar Ambassador will:
- Learn about solar energy technology, finance, and policy
- Gain hands-on experience in project management, community engagement, and environmental communications
- Gain practical skills spearheading a local solar energy project for a nonprofit
- Receive professional development training from solar and environmental industry experts focused on leadership, project management, community outreach, and communications through webinars and workshops
- Add valuable clean energy and sustainability experience to your resume
- Receive one-on-one mentoring from RE-volv staff to provide support for your project
- Letter of recommendation after successful completion of the program, if requested
- Opportunities for public recognition through print and digital media
- Opportunity to earn college credits
- Take action to solve climate change in your community
Questions & Additional Information
If you have any questions about the Solar Ambassador Program, please contact Lauren Friedman,
RE-volv’s Community Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.