Industrial Program Assistant
Energy Efficiency and Decarbonization Program Assistant, Natural Gas and Industrial
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking a motivated, organized individual to join its Industrial team as a Program Assistant working to advance decarbonization objectives within the industrial sector. CEE is a nonprofit consortium of demand side management (DSM) program administrators, primarily large investor-owned utilities from across the US and Canada, that work together to transform markets to advance energy efficiency as a foundational aspect of decarbonization. Energy efficiency is consistently regarded as the most cost-effective means of securing additional energy resources. It directly offsets the need to generate additional energy and is one of the most direct means of greenhouse gas mitigation available. By working together at CEE, program administrators leverage the effect of their funding dollars and exchange information on effective practices to achieve greater impact for the public good.
The Program Assistant will support accelerating the adoption of market strategies to reduce energy cost-effectively and equitably and decarbonize industrial end-uses, with additional focus on the changing landscape for natural gas equipment. Specifically, the role will conduct work that cuts across equipment and fuels, including the development and promotion of strategies that enhance energy performance of motor-driven equipment like pumps and air compressors, and advance demand-side solutions for optimizing natural gas use. This position provides an opportunity to gain skills and perspective in a non-profit setting and develop professionally to facilitate consensus driven approaches to achieve US and Canadian energy efficiency market transformation. The Program Assistant is part of a five-person team responsible for commercial and industrial (C&I) energy efficiency and building energy management initiatives and will report to the Industrial Sector Lead. Necessary attributes for this position are interest in C&I energy-using technologies, energy efficiency program design, and market research. We seek a candidate with strong interpersonal and written communication skills who is organized in their work habits, exhibits problem-solving qualities, and possesses a desire for continuous improvement.
- Perform research, data collection, and analysis in support of strategies to pull the market toward highly efficient electric and natural gas equipment.
- Support organizing, delivery, and follow up for committee meetings among CEE members and industry partners (both virtual and in-person).
- Maintain information relating to qualifying energy efficient products.
- Maintain information relating to member program activity.
- Bachelor’s degree a relevant field, such as business, economics, building science, environmental studies, engineering, or another subject requiring critical thinking and strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities as project deliverables evolve.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities, including an interest in facilitating meetings with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong people skills, research aptitude, and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Ability to manage personal workload across multiple projects.
- Willingness to travel to at least two domestic meetings per year.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
Work is done primarily on computers, looking at screens for 6+ hours of the workday, mostly remotely with 1-2 days in the office per week. Employees are expected to commute to in-person events at the office or in the region as needed, including meetings, events, and in-person training. In-person meetings involve domestic travel and multiple days of moving between meetings at hotels and conference centers.
The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton, MA. This facility is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position and alignment with qualifications and relevant experience
- Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills and writing quality
Please send application materials via e-mail to Walker Larsen at email@example.com, noting the location you found this posting and including the job title and your name in the subject line. Example, “Jane Smith—Energy Efficiency Program Assistant, Natural Gas and Industrial.”
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.