Service Academy Trainee - June 2024 Start (Aurora, IL)
JOB LOCATION: Aurora, IL (Hybrid - must be able to come into the office two days per week)
Role Value Proposition:
As an employee benefits service trainee, you will complete a 4-month training program which includes a combination of structured classroom and on-the-job learning with a focus on building an understanding of the employee benefits industry, MetLife’s group benefits, operating systems, and customer success management. Upon successful completion of the program you will deploy into a client service consultant position providing customer service and account support to MetLife group insurance customers. You will work with the full account team to manage customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Complete and participate in all required MetLife learning and training – including successful completion of the Service Academy Program
- Work effectively with a seasoned service professional who serves as a mentor in educating the trainee to the various products, platforms and services offered by MetLife. This will involve meetings with the mentor and his/her customers
- Develop an understanding of the Group Benefits products and services.
- Build service competencies – including communication, customer service, project management and relationship building skills
- Support the service team by learning MetLife’s systems and processes in order to support an assigned block of customers – includes partnering with internal partners and external customers to deliver on customer needs, assisting with problem solving, and executing on the end-to-end customer experience.
- Participate in client audits and strategic planning process
- Generate reports to track/report activities, identify trends, progress, and strategies
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Relationship building skills, ability to quickly develop rapport, earn trust and put our customers at the center of all we do.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, sound business judgment, computer skills, ability to lead and influence.
- Strong project management skills including problem solving, time management, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently in order to meet client deadlines
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and is proactive in personal development
- Displays adaptability and resiliency
- 0-3 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.