Technical Writer/Editor OR RFI Specialist (Marketing Experience)_ Construction Industry
Job Description : Technical Writer/Editor or RFI Specialist
The Role :
MEICON is hiring Technical Writer or RFI Specialist for a renowned NYC Based Contractor specializing in Transit (MTA, LIRR, Amtrak) and School Construction (SCA, DASNY) Projects. As a Technical Writer/Editor, the individual will be part of an ever-growing organization executing infrastructure projects across the United States of America. This role has enormous potential for career growth.
About Us :
MEICON is a cutting-edge construction and project management firm specializing in infrastructure development. Our team of professionals has extensive experience in civil and electrical work functions, including Estimation, Design, Planning and Scheduling, Project Management, Contract, Quality, Operations, and Maintenance management.
Skills & Responsibilities :
· Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals.
· Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts.
· Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
· Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
· Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
· Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
· Research, outline, write, and edit content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
· Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
· Work with development and support leads to identify documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine best solutions for data compilation and centralized storage.
· Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that adhere to organizational and legal standards and allow for easy data migration.
· Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with consistent voice across all documentation.
· Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
· Gain deep understanding of products and services, and translate complex information into simple, polished, engaging content.
· Evaluate current content and develop innovative methods for improvement.
· Develop and maintain detailed database of reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
Requirements And Qualifications :
· Bachelor's degree in construction, management, or engineering or related technical field.
· Proven experience working in technical writing position.
· Experience in writing documentation and procedure manuals for various audiences.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Great time management and problem-solving skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office and other Technical Software related skills.
· Demonstrated ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
· Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
· Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
· The ability to work in a team/Independent environment and work with outside vendors as needed.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented Plans with the capacity to maintain information confidentiality.
· Excellent time management, organizational & leadership skills.
· Strong written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
· Broad understanding of construction documents and drawings.
· Experience in handling projects 100% independently.
· Positive attitude & Great Passion towards the work.