Starwood Capital Group Winter 2023 Japan Acquisitions Analyst
Starwood Capital Japan KK, a subsidiary of Starwood Capital Group, is a private investment firm with a primary focus on global real estate. Since its inception in 1991, Starwood Capital Group has raised over $70 billion of capital and currently has approximately $115 billion of assets under management. Over the past 30 years, Starwood has invested in over $200 billion of assets, including properties within every major real estate asset class.
Starwood Capital Japan KK Internship Program provides individuals with a high level of responsibility and the unique opportunity to work directly with senior management, joint venture partners, investment bankers, brokers and commercial lenders in all real estate classes. Interns will participate in a variety of specialized trainings that will refine their skills and assist them in transitioning into the professional working environment of Starwood and the investment industry as a whole. A mentorship driven program allows our Interns to create lasting relationships that will support the continued growth of a successful career. The application for this program is ongoing and the duration of the employment is fixed term and can be anywhere from 5 to 9 weeks based on candidate’s availability.
What will you learn:
Interns will focus on the evaluation, structuring and execution of potential high-risk/high-return real estate and structured finance acquisitions in APAC and the asset management of those properties.
What will you do:
- Develop and maintain financial models and/or underwriting for use in evaluating potential investments
- Conducting thorough research regarding real estate markets and public equity and debt opportunities
- Carrying out assigned duties involved with the many facets of bringing a deal to funding, including presentation to final investment committee
- Possess strong communication skills in which to create concise written presentations
- Assisting with the asset management of the properties including business plan development and execution and exit strategy planning and execution.
Starwood Capital Japan KK seeks to hire qualified candidates who have superior analytical, quantitative, and technical skills. These successful candidates should:
- Be fluent in Japanese and English, other languages are a plus
- Have a strong academic records
- Have a demonstrated interest in real estate and finance
- Relevant course work in business, accounting, economics, and finance is highly preferred
- Have an unyielding work ethic
- Display a willingness to take direction and the capacity to quickly learn and develop skills required to become an effective Analyst, including proficiency in financial modeling
- Be a team player who feel comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) – within all levels of the organization.
To be considered for the Internship Program with Starwood Japan KK, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be physically in Tokyo, Japan working in the office or be willing to move there for the duration of the program
- Be legally authorized to work in Japan
- Be a university student working toward a bachelor’s degree or above