Finance Leadership Development Program
Platforms & Services (P&S) Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP)
About the Leadership Development Program
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems as part of our Leadership Development Program (LDP). The LDP is designed to accelerate the development and career of highly-motivated recent college graduates who aspire to achieve their leadership potential. This is accomplished through challenging and rewarding rotational assignments, technical and leadership training, advanced education, leadership opportunities and exposure, and mentorship. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters. What kind of opportunities and experiences will you have in the program?
As a Finance Leadership Development Program participant, you will gain:
- Experience: The FLDP consists of three, one-year rotations; each with increasing responsibility. It is designed to provide a diverse set of experiences through challenging rotational assignments, finance and leadership training programs, leadership opportunities, and mentorship.
- Opportunity to travel:BAE Systems has locations worldwide with our FLDP primarily rotating to locations within the United States (for example, the 2023-24 rotations are a mix of 100% remote, one onsite in Minneapolis, MN, and one onsite in Jacksonville, FL). Rotations are evaluated on an annual basis to ensure the rotation is robust and provides strong leadership support; and are usually finalized prior to the onsite recruiting event in October. Within the post-Covid environment, our rotations are a mix of 100% remote, hybrid, or 100% onsite, depending on the function & business need. Your first rotation could be based at one of our major U.S. locations or 100% remote. Your second and third rotations may be at any of our locations nationwide.
- Educational advancement: BAE Systems offers tuition assistance for graduate school. Members of the program also complete a mix of technical and soft-skills training, such as Power BI, Executive Presence, and Trusted Advisor, which are hosted through support from internal and external trainers.
- Support: A significant element of the FLDP is the leadership team. Each participant is assigned a mentor who will work to expose FLDPs to diverse and challenging experiences, while providing guidance in choosing rotations, career planning, and development.
- Personal growth: The program seeks to facilitate the growth of an individual's leadership skills and style through various training and networking opportunities. Participants attend annual week-long leadership development conferences. These conferences provide specialized leadership training and an opportunity for the FLDPs to meet executives and other leadership development program participants from around the company.
During this three-year rotational program, you’ll have the opportunity to experience assignments in several finance/business functions, business areas, and product groups nationwide.
Rotation examples include:
- Project Finance
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- General Accounting
- Internal Controls
- Various Corporate Assignments
About BAE Systems
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc. does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. Learn more about Platforms & Services here!
What is it like to work for BAE Systems? Remarkable
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Math, or related major from an AACSB accredited college or university
- Possesses strong leadership potential demonstrated via academia, extra-curricular activities, or employment
- Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
- Internship/Co-op or project experience in related field
- Superior communication skills
- Capacity and motivation for hard work
All candidates must be able to:
- Relocate during the program at least once
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Full-Time Salary Range: $52140 - $88660