Technical Sales Service and Support Specialist II
For over 80 years, Oil States Industries, Inc. has been a highly respected technology and solutions pioneer manufacturing diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense, and general industrial applications.
Oil States Industries, Inc. recognizes that our diverse workforce is our greatest asset. We offer a competitive compensation, including paid time off, health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment. Paid time off includes vacation, holiday and sick time. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, long and short term disability, and flexible spending accounts. When we contribute to the company’s success, we all win.
Oil States is looking for candidates for the position of Technical Sales Service & Support Specialist II
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Responsible for the overall coordination of all activities associated with the product line to ensure orders are completed according to engineering specifications, delivered on time and meet the customer’s requirements. This position is the main contact for customers and is responsible for all commercial, scheduling and shipping interfaces with the customer while monitoring overall margins to maximize profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary contact between Company and Customer.
- Maintain direct involvement with engineering, manufacturing and quality for order fulfillment.
- Create customer specific quotations based on standard pricing sheets and cost estimates.
- Prepare sales orders and purchase order review packages for distribution on new orders.
- Initiate orders and process requests to maintain sales data and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for growth of the product line through sales growth.
- Receives requests by email, telephone, or customer/government portals for price quotations/verifications, purchase orders, government bids, and changes or cancellations directly from customers.
- Responds in an effective and timely manner to customer inquiries/information needs and provides positive, courteous service to customers; answers questions regarding product line, prices, delivery times, warranty periods, customer service and credit arrangements.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communications.
- Prepares order configurations and price quotations to customer; completes government bid requests and reviews with manager prior to submission; writes letters and/or email to provide information to customer inquiries as needed.
- Maintains files to support audits and transaction histories. Enters file copies into Master Control.
- Works with the Credit Department to establish new accounts; assists customer in preparing and processing credit arrangements & paperwork.
- Resolves financial delinquencies weekly with accounts receivable after communication with customers and coordination of payment schedules.
- Works to expedite or ensure timely delivery of scheduled shipments; maintains close liaison with other departments to carry orders through to completion.
- Prepares returned goods paperwork, including original purchase order, copies of invoice and packing list and completes Returned Goods Authorization and forwards to Receiving and Accounting.
- Maintains records and data sources for quotation and provides input to sales forecast to maintain profitability.
- Performs activity reports and special projects.
- Provides feedback regarding forecasts, market and competitive conditions.
- Gains market and competitive knowledge through strong customer service and relationships built.
- Works as a member of the team and strives for quality and quality improvement.
- Complies with company policies, including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, and attendance and tardiness rules.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Performs other assignments or duties as assigned or required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with 2 to 4 years of experience in customer support and/or sales.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong computer and software skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email (Outlook).
- Demonstrated proficiency using an ERP/MRP system for sales, work orders and invoicing. Experience working with Glovia a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency using a document control system. Experience using MasterControl a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including phone etiquette.
- Ability to work well with people is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good knowledge of math and measurement skills.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing.
- Occasional reaching, bending, stooping, etc.
- Lifting light to moderately heavy boxes (less than 30 lbs)
CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENTS –
By contractual requirements this position requires that all persons establish proof of US Citizenship. Dual Citizenship (US citizenship and citizenship of some other country) cannot be accepted. You will be required to provide original or certified copies of documents establishing your citizenship prior to consideration for this position.
Be part of what’s next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 80 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer
An E-Verify Employer
Un empleador de E-Verify