Medical Team Leader
As a Team Leader at Sorin Medical, you will hold a pivotal role in leading and managing a diverse team of front desk medical assistants, and providers. Your primary focus will be on ensuring the seamless operation of your team, fostering a positive work environment, and promoting exceptional patient care. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, clinical knowledge, and the ability to effectively coordinate and support multidisciplinary healthcare professionals.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Provide strong leadership, guidance, and support to the front desk medical assistants, surgical techs, and nurses.
- Set clear performance expectations, goals, and objectives for team members, and provide regular feedback and coaching.
- Cultivate a positive work culture, encouraging teamwork, collaboration, and professional growth.
- Delegate tasks appropriately, ensuring optimal utilization of skills and resources within the team.
- Address conflicts and performance issues to foster a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Oversee daily operations of the front desk, surgical techs, and nursing team, ensuring smooth patient flow, efficient scheduling, and adherence to protocols.
- Coordinate and prioritize patient care activities, including appointments, surgical procedures, and nursing interventions.
- Identify areas for improvement in workflow processes and implement solutions to enhance efficiency.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless communication and coordination of patient care.
Clinical Support and Guidance:
- Provide clinical expertise and guidance to team members, ensuring adherence to best practices, safety protocols, and quality standards.
- Support front desk medical assistants in handling patient inquiries, appointment scheduling, and administrative tasks.
- Assist surgical techs in coordinating and preparing surgical procedures, ensuring proper equipment setup and maintaining sterile environments.
- Support nurses in delivering exceptional patient care, addressing patient needs, and managing clinical emergencies.
Training and Development:
- Identify training needs within the team and develop and implement training programs to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Provide ongoing education and professional development opportunities to team members.
- Stay updated on industry trends, advancements in healthcare practices, and regulatory requirements to ensure team compliance and competence.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Foster effective communication and collaboration among team members, promoting a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Collaborate with other team leaders and departments to ensure coordinated and integrated care for patients.
- Serve as a liaison between the team and management, conveying feedback, concerns, and suggestions for improvement.