Entry Level Associate, Public Equities & Credit Clients - Dallas
About Third Bridge
Third Bridge is a market-leading investment research firm. We provide integrated solutions for the world’s top investors and business leaders to help them make smarter and faster decisions. No other company in the world provides the same holistic investment offering: our superpower is the combination of human insights and unique investor-led content with a global expert network. We serve over 1,000 investment firms, offering clients 24/7 coverage through our team of 1,300+ employees located across eight offices.
This role is part of our Community Team, within the Public Equities & Credit vertical.
Community is a fast-growing, fast-paced, performance driven environment. As an Associate, you’ll be the person driving relationships by enabling our clients to connect to the industry experts that will help them. During your initial training period, you’ll hone your skills targeting, sourcing and screening relevant industry specialists, including C-Level executives at Fortune 500 companies. After this period, you’ll advance to directly managing your own book of business comprised of major Public Equity and Credit investment funds . You’ll spend much of your time on the phone, both with your clients, to unpack what they need from an expert, and with industry specialists, to find the perfect match. Ultimately, it’s about uncovering what our clients need, digging deep to help them solve their most pressing problems, and connecting them to key thought leaders from every corner of the market.
- Understand Public Equity & Credit clients’ needs and the most relevant experts that could help them.
- Deliver excellent client service by being a fast, responsive, thoughtful and proactive research partner.
- Engage with industry experts for our clients by reaching out over the phone and through professional correspondences, to understand whether they are the right fit.
- Negotiate compensation rates, pitch the Community consultation format, and persuade experts to connect with our clients on short notice, often scheduling calls as soon as possible, whilst operating within our industry-leading compliance framework.
- After 4-5 months you’ll be driving the long-term performance of your own book of business as you develop your own professional skills, deepen your understanding of your clients’ investment strategies, and continuously reinforce how our content can best help their research needs..
We are committed to helping everyone at Third Bridge grow and develop, this starts from day 1 and continues throughout your career! Our comprehensive onboarding program includes both classroom-based and on-the-job learning that will teach you the fundamentals of our business, how our clients think, how to sell our value proposition to secure experts’ membership into our network, and how to explore a multitude of industry sectors in order to provide excellent service to our clients.
You will also learn how to identify leading industry experts, as well as developing your communication skills to engage with these senior professionals and Key Opinion Leaders over the phone.
Typically, but not exclusively, after 4 to 6 months in your Third Bridge journey you will have mastered Specialist Management, and you will then progress to our Client Engagement Learning Programme to take on client relationship building and project management responsibilities. You’ll learn how to engage with Public Equity & Credit investor clients, drive business results and lead project delivery teams.
The next step in your Third Bridge career could be:
Your promotion to a Senior Associate is based on achievement against performance goals. At this point, you will have the opportunity to further specialize in your career, pursuing either a;
- Manager Track, where you start our Emerging Leaders program to develop your leadership skills and have the opportunity to apply for a Connections Manager role.
- Client Development Track, where you will continue to hone your commercial & client engagement skills, and unlock greater bonus earning potential.
In your first year, you will sharpen your skills in...
Relationship Building: Increase your network and build relationships with Public Equity & Credits clients and industry experts by delivering an industry-leading customer experience while maintaining a high-level of professionalism throughout.
Account Growth: Develop understanding of the Public Equities & Credit clients’ workflow and their long-term investment strategies, enabling you to be proactive and grow overall account performance.
Commercial Acumen: Cultivate an understanding and ability to navigate corporate structures, sector value chains, and key stakeholders. Learn to identify fundamental drivers and dynamics to understand your clients’ knowledge gaps, and engage with industry experts. Gain an introduction to the world of investment and how decision makers in this field think.
Sales Effectiveness: Develop your persuasion and negotiation skills as you learn how to effectively pitch to senior industry executives, persuade them to consult with clients, and negotiate terms of their engagement. Additionally, learn how to best market the experience and background of these experts in order to sell your clients on pursuing consultations with them. Time Management: Further your abilities to execute on multiple projects at a given time, manage competing priorities, and navigate changing client requests. Prioritisation, context switching, and self-organization are key in order to handle the fast-paced environment we operate in.
Stakeholder Management: Sharpen your interpersonal skills as you collaborate with others to share knowledge and develop sourcing strategies when executing on client requests.
What we look for:
The work is fast-paced – you will be working on multiple requests each day, with tight timelines and high standards so you’ll need to organise your time well, have great attention to detail, and adhere to our compliance framework.
You’ll be responsible for building relationships with our Public Equities & Credit clients, as well as a wide variety of industry experts across different sectors, markets and seniority levels, so you’ll need to have great communications skills (both written and verbal), and be able to adapt your style to effectively and professionally converse in many different situations.
Your projects will span a wide variety of industries and geographies, which you will be required to understand at a high level. It’s important that you enjoy learning, are able to quickly understand key information and use this to find the right experts for each project.
An interest in financial markets and the environment that our Public Equities & Credit clients operate in. This insight will be bolstered through a combination of structured classroom training, self-led learning initiatives, continual project development, and a deepened understanding of client research strategies.
Our services are in high demand and we all strive to achieve targets. We need people who are excited by a hands-on, high-performing and results-oriented role, and who are driven to exceed expectations for our clients.
Teamwork and adaptability are essential! You'll be collaborating with colleagues locally, nationally and internationally when executing on projects.
With a culture centred around feedback and open communication, we look for people who are receptive to continuous professional development.
An undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials, and/or extensive experience in a client-facing role is strongly recommended.
Rewarding your hard work. We offer a range of incredible rewards and benefits. These include the basics, which are:
- Competitive base salary of $57,000 with access to our bonus scheme after just 1 month.
- 15 days of vacation (which increases to 20 days after 2 years of employment), plus US Holidays
We're very supportive of your career development here in Third Bridge:
- We create flexible career and development paths, with opportunities to gain a wide range of transferable skills.
- We've created comprehensive onboarding and training programmes and in the first 2+ years there is access to our Associate Training Programme, Client Engagement Programme, Emerging Leaders Programme, D&I Awareness course, Breaking Bias course, Manager training Programme and Mentoring Programmes run by our Executive Leadership Team.
- We also provide a Personal Development Allowance to the value of £750 per year, which can be used for any learning programmes you feel would be beneficial for you.
We also focus on your health and wellbeing:
- A variety of insurance plans
- Health coverage by Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - Medical Insurance, Dental insurance and Vision plan
- A personal HSA (Health Saving Account) and Medical FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Modern Health to focus on your mental wellness with free coaching sessions, online therapy sessions and meditation resources
- Monthly social events
- In-office perks, including snacks, coffee, tea,drinks and weekly breakfasts & lunches
Your future and family is important to us, so we offer:
- 401K matching up to 5% of your base salary
- People Development Allowance to help you in your role, or in your wider career aspirations
- Life insurance
- A long term disability policy
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
As well as looking at your work-life balance:
- 2 annual volunteer days - so you can help a charity or good cause of your choice
- 2 personal days - for when life throws you a curveball
- Summer Fridays - so you have more time to enjoy the weather
- Work from Anywhere - visit family or extend your holiday by working abroad in approved countries for up to one month each year
And finally, real-time rewards which concentrate on outstanding performance and teamwork using our colleague-to-colleague recognition programme. Watch your points grow and spend them on:
- Savings on hotel stays worldwide
- Gift cards for major retailers including Amazon and H&M
- Donations to charities
- And more!