Compliance Analyst - Regulatory Correspondence Unit (Temp)
Interactive Brokers is looking to hire several Compliance Analysts (temps) in its Chicago, Illinois office. This is an entry-level position with excellent growth potential for highly motivated and exceptional performers. Analysts will report to a Compliance Manager and will assist with ensuring the firm complies with Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, anti-terrorist financing, sanctions, industry anti-money laundering, and securities laws and regulations.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Preparing regulatory response letters
- Gathering customer account records and documents responsive to law enforcement and regulatory inquiries
- Coordinating with compliance analysts to help complete regulatory investigations
- Identifying areas for improvement and streamlining current processes and workflows
- Drafting and updating procedures, as necessary
The ideal candidate will have some experience in an internal audit, legal, accounting, or other control function of a financial services firm or regulator. In the absence of direct industry experience, we will also consider applicants who are project assistants or paralegals with experience working in a legal department or law firm. We will also consider candidates with excellent Bachelor’s-level educational credentials.
Preferred qualifications include:
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Strong organization skills to successfully manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a small-team environment, and to multi-task with minimal supervision
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of the publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (Nasdaq: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Daily company lunch allowance provided and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events, including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups