Senior Decision Support Analyst (FT-Edison)
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Senior Decision Support Analyst is responsible for maintaining the Syntellis Healthcare HPM Decision Support System (DSS) and the Financial Reporting (FP) application and reporting content for each individual hospital in the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network. Also provides analytical support for the HMH Care Transformation Services (CTS) teams.
A day in the life of a Senior Decision Support Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Maintain the Decision Support HPM financial reporting application.
- Maintain the Decision Support HPM Intermediate Product/Product Charge Description Master structure including additions, price changes and RVU's.
Organize and maintain the Decision Support HPM cost accounting system including but not limited to:
a. Maintain product standards and reconciliation process for variable direct labor & supply cost for each cost category on a monthly basis. b. Develop and maintain product standard up-dating schedule (monthly) and meet with key revenue-generating and ancillary departments to assure accuracy of products and standards. c. Maintain indirect cost allocation methodology (step-down) including departmental statistics and auditing. d. Maintain the coordination of up-dating the charge description (monthly) as it relates to product standards and new products.
Update the Decision Support HPM structure with any changes in the general ledger (PeopleSoft) including:
a. Reconciliation of Decision Support HPM to General Ledger Source System (PeopleSoft) b. Reconciliation of Decision Support HPM to Financial Statements. c. Reconciliation of Decision Support HPM to Departments. d. Maintain Chart of Accounts that include adding direct/indirect cost centers, inactivating cost centers and adding accounts.
- Assist Director/Manager of DSS/FP in planning, coordinating and executing cost accounting and Care Transformation Teams P&L activities and financial modeling.
- Assist Director/Manager DSS/FP in developing analytical templates for financial modeling and productivity reporting.
- Provide analytical support for Car Transformation Teams initiatives as directed by the Director/Manager of DSS/FP.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Math or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Healthcare Finance.
- Occasional evening or weekend work as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and other similar programs.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task as needed.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree in finance, math or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Healthcare with specialization in financial/operations analysis, financial systems, financial systems and related functions.