Claims Advocacy Analyst Summer Intern - Chicago - 2024
Marsh is a global leader in consulting, risk management, and insurance broking. In more than 130 countries, our 45,000 colleagues work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
Marsh Advisory is a global business and differentiator for Marsh. With three business units – Consulting Solutions, Analytics Solutions, and Claims Solutions - Marsh Advisory helps clients anticipate challenges and capitalize on emerging opportunities through proactive risk advice that builds resilience and confidence.
The Summer Program provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience and contribute to our business during a robust 10-week program. At the end of the summer, high-performing colleagues will be considered for offers for the full time Associates Program.
Marsh Advisory Associate Program is a two-year rotational program, designed to provide you with the appropriate skills you will need to accelerate your career at Marsh. As part of the Claims Advocacy track, you will be exposed to a variety of claim advisory disciplines, including workers compensation, auto liability, general liability/products liability and property claims. Specific deliverables can include claim reporting, coverage analysis for claim acceptance, claim reviews, broker request for proposal, and assisting clients with general claim servicing issues. You will be part of a team solving challenging issues, get access to professional development opportunities, participate in client meetings, gain broad business exposure to the firm’s leadership and talented team, and more!
To learn more about Marsh Advisory and our impact on clients please visit Marsh Advisory.
A TYPICAL DAY IN CLAIM ADVOCACY COULD INCLUDE:
- Assisting our clients mitigate risks, maximize recoveries, and optimize total cost of risk across their portfolio
- Engage in client’s claims program and deploy creative strategies to resolve claims issues effectively.
- Liaise with insurers and their advisors on most queries and policy coverage discussions.
- Chair meetings with the client, insurers and their advisors
- Lead claims discussions in renewal meetings and RFPs.
- Participate in the development of strategic business plans for a line of business.
- Navigate insurance policies and provide recommendations about coverage and claims exposures.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Excellent organizational skills – able to work in teams, prioritize work, meet deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong data management and presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client and internal relationships
- Comfortable experience working with technology (solutions)
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients
- Demonstrated leadership or initiative at school, work and/or community
- College juniors (at time of application) with graduation date between December 2024 - May/June 2025
- Majors preferred: Liberal Arts, Business, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Data Science
- Minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Location: Chicago (Hybrid schedule - at least 3 days in office per week)
- Summer Internship Start/End date: 6/3/24 - 8/9/24
At Marsh, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact.
WHAT IS NEXT?
We will review applications on a rolling basis. The first round interview will consist of a recorded video interview through the online Hirevue platform. First round interviews via Hirevue will be held in early-October.
MARSH MCLENNAN COMPANIES
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). For more information about our company, please visit us at www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.